In order to improve your practice, patient satisfaction is vital. Some practices even receive a part of their returns through a better patient satisfaction. The most common reason for poor patient satisfaction is inadequate communication between the staff and patient.For a better patient satisfaction, the patient needs to have positive synergies with the hospital. Since a nurse is usually the mediator between the patient and the doctor, they have the power to make or break the patient experience.
Here are 5 tips that a nurse can use to help improve the overall patient satisfaction.
1. For developing a good relation with your patients, Be kind while dealing with them. Be considerate, compassionate, and tolerant towards them.
2. Nurses should have a good rapport with the staff as well. this can help with smooth operation of the care team.
3. Keep patients notified about the procedures and answer their queries properly.
4. Greet them with a smile and listen without interrupting anyone.
5. Nurses should easily adapt to the technology changes and be able to use them for better patient engagement.
Ultimately, the quality of your practice is measured by your patient satisfaction scores.